Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.wat2du.shop or www.whattodo.shop (wat2du.com)
You can refer to us as WAT2DU, We support local tourism by promoting their businesses and providing you a one stop shop to buy tickets, book transport and tours provided by local guides. You will be immersed into local culture wherever you go just ASK YOUR LOCAL GUIDE WAT2DU.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We retain the information you give to use for contact purposes only.
How We Collect & Use Personal Information
- WAT2DU is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personally identifiable information (PII). Such PII includes information that can be linked to an individual or organisations, such as names, addresses, phone numbers & email addresses supplied to us.
- Member Partners (PII) will not be disclosed to any party unless required by law.
- Member Partner information will be stored for the purpose of keeping accurate records as to who our Member Partners are, both current member partners and historic member partner details will be retained in order to allow us to communicate with our member partners from time to time and to allow us to do business with our member partners.
- WAT2DU handles and protects your PII in accordance with commonly accepted privacy principles.
What Sort of Information Do We Collect ?
- In an effort to keep our service as simple and easy as possible we do not create, use or store profiles of our customers or Partner Members. We only record PII and other information that we reasonably require to do business with you.
- We do not collect, or store any data in relation to your health, such as Covid-19 vaccination history. All bookings are handled with care to protect your privacy and as such we reserve our right to allow any individual to use our services online or via our booking agents and partner operators under the condition that, at the time of your booking date/s you comply with any reasonable request of the operator in relation to Covid-19 or public health orders and law.
- Bookings are made on the condition you will take reasonable steps to comply with laws or health directions pertaining to any known risk from Covid-19 or similar known health risks in order to minimise the risk of contracting or spreading known risks to any other person you may come into contact with as a result of undertaking an activity we promote or sell.
- WAT2DU collects PII only if & when you or your business wants to:
- Customers: Make a booking on our website/s we will collect the following (if you provide to us)
- Member Partners: List your business on our sites
- Business name/ABN, name/s, address (if supplied), the email address & the phone number are taken each time you make a booking with us to ensure we can fulfill the booking or request only. This information is required from Member Partners to enable us to conduct business with you.
- We will not provide these details to any other party unless they require this same information to provide the services they booked or enquired about via our sites (Operated by WAT2DU) such the Member Partner providing the service or products.
How We Handle The Information
- WAT2DU uses Partner Membership information or PII only for the purpose of responding to and fulfilling requests for the products and services. Information collected may be used to:
- Purchase products or services from service providers
- Information collected when you purchase from WAT2DU may be used to charge your credit card and deliver your booking confirmation. We may also contact you about your booking for customer service purposes or to make any changes or cancellations to your booking.
Respond to your questions or suggestions
- we will use your address, email address and/or telephone number to contact you when you submit an enquiry.
Who We Share Your Information With
- WAT2DU does not disclose any information about bookings to any party except in the following circumstances:
- Experience providers you are interested in or made a booking for,
- Tour operators we work with, such as Shoalhaven Tours.
- Accommodation providers may request this information only from us. We will not disclose PII without your consent
- WAT2DU provides the total guest numbers, name/s, & telephone number for , address and email address for each booking made to the relevant experience provider. Experience providers require this information for all bookings so they can provide the services requested and if they need to contact you about the booking.
- WAT2DU may be required by law to disclose information provided by you to experience providers or government agencies from time to time. WAT2DU may also disclose information against someone who poses a threat (such as customer fraud) or whose activities could cause harm to others.